TPO Roofing Installation Services in Waipahu
True Home Hawaii is a roofing company that provides comprehensive roofing services to residential and commercial properties on Oahu. Our goal is to offer exceptional service and superior workmanship, providing a seamless experience from start to finish. We have over 50 years of industry experience, are licensed and insured, and advocate for our clients during inspections, replacements, and insurance claims. Our team of friendly professionals prioritizes establishing trustworthy relationships with clients and exceeding their expectations. When choosing True Home Hawaii, clients become part of our family.
What is TPO Roofing?
So, what exactly is TPO roofing? It’s a single-ply roofing membrane made from a blend of polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber. This thermoplastic material can be heat-welded to create a seamless and waterproof roofing system.
Most TPO roofing is white, but you can also find it in other colors. The reason why white TPO roofing is so popular is that it reflects sunlight and heat, keeping the building cooler and reducing energy costs.
Advantages of TPO For Industrial And Commercial Roofing Systems
Why is TPO roofing a great choice for commercial and industrial roofing? Here are a few reasons:
- Durability: TPO roofing is resistant to punctures, tears, and impacts. It can handle extreme weather conditions, including high winds and heavy rain.
- Energy Efficiency: As mentioned before, white TPO roofing reflects sunlight and heat, reducing the building’s cooling load and energy costs.
- Cost-Effective: TPO roofing is less expensive than many other commercial roofing options.
Easy to Install: TPO roofing is lightweight and easy to install, which reduces labor costs and installation time.
- Low Maintenance: TPO roofing requires minimal maintenance, making it a cost-effective option over its lifespan.
TPO Roofing Installation
How is TPO roofing installed? The process uses a heat welding method. The TPO membrane is rolled out over the roof substrate, and the seams are heat-welded together to create a seamless and waterproof roofing system. Here are the steps:
- Preparation: The roof substrate is inspected and prepared for installation.
- Insulation: A layer of insulation is added to the roof substrate to improve energy efficiency.
- TPO Membrane Installation: The TPO membrane is rolled out over the insulation and heat-welded together to create a seamless and waterproof roofing system.
- Flashing: Flashing is installed around the edges and penetrations to prevent water infiltration.
- Finishing: The roofing system is inspected, and any finishing touches are made.
TPO Roofing FAQ’s
TPO roofing is a single-ply roofing membrane made from a blend of polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber.
White TPO roofing is popular because it reflects sunlight and heat, keeping the building cooler and reducing energy costs.
TPO roofing is durable, energy-efficient, cost-effective, easy to install, and requires minimal maintenance.
TPO roofing is installed using a heat welding process. The TPO membrane is rolled out over the roof substrate, and the seams are heat-welded together to create a seamless and waterproof roofing system.